Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Reading of the Picture Variety

This post will be all about books with pictures. Love me some pictures.

Paris Versus New York by Vahram Muratyan

We have this book at my salon because it's located in New York, and my boss is from Paris. On a particularly slow day, I cracked this baby open and read it cover-to-cover (which was easy,  because it's literally all illustrations).

Never once does the author try to say one city is better than the other, it's simply a comparison. He also has these illustrations on his blog (which is where my samples are from): http://parisvsnyc.blogspot.com


Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction

Got this (and the following comics) as a free issue at BookCon.

If you can stop time with the power of your ... sexiness(?)... what do you do? Rob a bank or something.

The artwork is beautiful, and the sex, while explicit, isn't uncomfortably graphic.





Alex + Ada by Jonathan Luna

Not much in the way of story in the first issue, but we learn that Alex is living in the future (and there's some cool new technology around), and he's lonely. At the end, he gets a gift from his grandmother: a robot girlfriend. Creepy? Yeah, Grandma, it is. But thanks. I would like to see where this one goes.


Revival by Tim Seeley

Didn't capture my attention like the above 2 comics. Small town sherif and maybe some zombies. I enjoyed the artwork, but by the end, an old lady was pulling her own teeth out, and I just can't stomach stuff like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment